West Kilbride Village Hall, which is the imposing stone building at the corner of Arthur Street and Ritchie Street, has been one of the focal points of local life since it was built as the West Kilbride Institute in 1900. The building is now owned by North Ayrshire Council who, in 2000, leased it to the West Kilbride Community Initiative. They in turn delegated responsibility to the Village Hall Management Group, membership of which is open to all persons over 16 who reside in West Kilbride. In 2012 the group established a separate Scottish Charitable Incorporated Orgainstion, West Kilbride Village Hall, which has now taken over responsibility for all administration, management and upkeep of the interior of the building.
The Building has 1 large Main Hall with stage and 2 smaller halls. Letting charges is the main income and any profit is ploughed back into the upkeep of the hall. This multi-purpose facility is very popular for private functions and it also has a variety of other activities from Tai Kwon Do, Japanese Swordsmanship and Badminton including juniors for whom we have also acquired equipment for table tennis. The Hall is an excellent venue for performances, exhibitions, fund raising and public meetings.
West Kilbride Village Hall also hosts the town's museum which is considered to be among the best small town museums in Scotland. Started in 1988 by a group of dedicated people, the aim is to depict life in the Parish over the past 400 years, portraying the history, development and traditions of the area. Awarded Registration status by the Scottish Museums Council.